1. Place Sunspotter so the sun passes from the curved area, into the lens and towards the larger mirror in the far corner.
2. It will project a bright spot onto the paper.
3. Next, unscrew the nut in the back of the Sunspotter to loosen the triangle.
4. Two small guide dots will appear on either side of the bright spot.
5. Rotate the triangle until the guide spots are positioned into the small white circles located on either side of the mirror.
6. Once you have the guide spots positioned, you should be able to see the sun and its spots on the white paper.
The image of the sun will look similar to the image below.